Stuart G. Lasher (Managing Director)
- Stuart graduated from Florida State University with a B.S. in Accounting and Finance.
- Stuart is a CPA who began his career in 1980 with KPMG Peat Marwick where he was responsible for audits in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, retail and wholesale distribution, restaurants and service businesses. He also assisted with many mergers, acquisitions and initial public offerings (IPOs).
- From 1986 to 1989, he was Chief Financial Officer and served on the Board of Directors of Silk Greenhouse, a national retailer which grew from 6 to 90 stores and $6-million to $200-million in annual sales. As CFO, Stuart completed venture capital financing in 1987, an IPO in 1988, and a secondary offering in 1989.
- In 1990, Stuart Co-founded and served as Chairman and CEO of National Business Solutions (“NBS”) a PEO. NBS grew to $240 million in annual sales before being sold to Paychex in 1996.
- In 2001, Stuart made a growth capital investment in Lifestyle Family Fitness (“LFF”). From 2001 to 2009, Stuart served as a member of the Board of Directors and from 2009-2012 served as Chairman and CEO. During that period LFF grew from 6 locations to 55, raised equity of $55mm and obtained a credit facility of more than $50mm. LFF sold its non-Florida locations to Lifetime Fitness in 2011 and the Florida locations were sold to LA Fitness in 2015.
- Currently, Stuart serves on the board of Life Time Fitness, Fit Life Foods and PDQ of Southern Texas.
Tyler Lasher (Partner)
- Tyler graduated from the University of South Florida in 2010 as a Florida Academic Scholar with a degree in Management and Finance.
- He joined Quantum in June 2007 and has focused on deal structuring, economic modeling, investment analysis, product costing, financial accounting, auditing, mergers and acquisitions, technical research and more.
- Operational Experience includes sales and customer service, product development, IT, human resources, and store operations.
- In 2012, co-founded affiliate company Positive Lifestyle International and has served as President overseeing the financial and legal aspects of the company with co-founder Tony Little.
- In 2014, lead investment in Fitlife Foods and currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors and a member of the Real Estate committee and Compensation Committee. In 2015, Tyler helped assist Fitlife and its founder through an additional capital raise with nationally recognized KarpReilly, LLC to fund further expansion of the Company.
- Tyler has also been involved in numerous startups, and has served as a consultant/investor to early stage companies.
Derek Craig (CFO)
- Derek graduated from Stetson University in 2002 and obtained an MBA in Accounting from the University of Tampa in 2005.
- From 2005 to 2011, Derek was involved in many roles for Grant Thornton, including financial statement audits, and coordinating internal control procedures for audit engagements. For two years, Derek was on audit team for the largest client in the Central Florida office in terms of revenue and billable hours. Derek was involved in the audits of Checkers Restaurants, Clockwork Home Services (franchisor of One-hour A/C, Mister Sparky Electric and Ben Franklin Plumbing).
- After leaving Grant Thornton, he later served as the Internal Audit Manager for PODS Enterprises, performing operational audits of franchisees and corporate owned location including planning, scheduling and coordinating procedures.
- In June 2012, Derek joined the Quantum Capital Partners team as CFO and also became the CFO of the Positive Lifestyle International investment.
- In January 2014, Derek joined the board of the Hands 2 Love not-for-profit as the Treasurer.
William J. Schifino (Director)
- William "Bill" Schifino, Jr. is the managing Partner of Burr & Forman's Tampa office, a member of the firm's Executive Committee, and is a Board-Certified specialist in the area of business litigation. Burr & Forman maintains 10 offices in five states throughout the Southeast.
- Bill has extensive experience in representing businesses in various stages of growth. In addition to providing legal counsel, Bill has directed clients in strategic planning, litigation, served as a member of advisory committees, and assisted companies with corporate expansion and exit strategies.
- In addition to his responsibilities with his firm, Bill has been very active in his community and profession. Bill is presently the President-Elect of The Florida Bar which is the regulatory body for over 100,000 attorneys. He will take office as President in June 2016. He has been a Director of a Tampa Bay Boys and Girls Club and Florida Guardian Ad Litem Association. Bill is also a member of the Board of Trustees for the University of Florida, Levin College of Law.
- Bill recently completed an eight year term as a member of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, serving as its Chairman, and having been appointed by both Governors Jeb Bush and Charlie Crist.
- In addition to his legal practive, Bill has been active in various other businesses, served as a Director of the following companies: George A. Levy Awards and Promotions, Inc.; Next Generation Home Products, Inc.; Quantum Capital Partners, Inc.; and Lifestyle Family Fitness.
- Bill received his Bachelors in Arts in Public Policy from Tulane University and his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida.